Project & Program Management
Project delivery applying a consistent set of processes and by enhancing communication across groups.
Westwater’s project management framework was created to improve the efficiency of our technology delivery by adding proper checkpoints and controls during the life cycle of a project. Our framework provides the processes, tools and templates, and measurement capabilities used to manage each throughout the system/application development life cycle.
Westwater’s methodology improves project delivery by applying a consistent set of tools and processes and by enhancing communication within the business and the technology groups.
The key components of Westwater’s Project Management methodology include:
- Project Initiation – Project definition, sponsorship, prioritization, business case, go - no decisioning.
- Business Analysis – Elicitation, high level business requirements, application prototypes, impact analysis.
- Detailed Analysis and Design – Detailed business and technical requirements, functional specifications, architecture design.
- Development – Application development and unit testing done onsite, onshore, offshore, onshore/offshore. See our Outsourcing capabilities.
- Testing – System, integration and user acceptance testing
- Go-Live – Transition to production
Quality oversight is provided by the Project Manager and Engagement Lead at key points in the project to review for completeness and gaps prior to business approval and sign-offs.
By clearly defining the roles, responsibilities and expectations for each step of the process, team members have a clear picture of what is expected of them and what they should expect from others.